Wednesday 11 February 2015

INDIVIDUALITY:Believe in yourself!!!!



I’ve always wanted to be different. Like someone to which others can either look upto or talk about. And if not that then atleast someone who gets noticed(in a good way). When I was a child I always tried to imitate those whom I found interesting or unique in their own way of living, dressing, talking or behaving. I thought imitating them would make me look smarter. But the results were always upsetting. And the inability to fathom the reasons behind my failure made me more upset. As I grew up and became more conscious of my looks I found everything wrong within myself and kept on experimenting with my looks which were always an inspiration from some external source(read films and magazines). This time though I was successful in garnering some appreciation, satisfaction was lacking.

Ultimately i gave up and left myself the way I was(and am). I started doing things that I enjoyed, started wearing clothes that i was comfortable in and wore my natural look. I was prepared for every criticism that came my way. This time not only was I satisfied and happy but I also felt confident about myself as I was REAL after a very long time. The reactions were not at all upsetting but actually motivating. For the first time I heard words like ‘interesting’ and ‘cool’ for me. My quest ended and I realized that to be unique you just have to be YOURSELF.
Whenever I look at successful personalities I find one thing common in everyone and that is their INDIVIDUALITY. I believe individuality is all about questioning, realizing and believing in yourself. Individuality is a recipe made out of your thoughts, beliefs and interests. And the secret ingredient is your faith over yourself. If we keep copying others in order to look attractive we’ll always end up as boring and disinteresting people. To be noticed you have to be different. To be different you have to be unique. And to be unique you have to be REAL. Reality appeals a lot more than fakeness. Once you are real, you will always be satisfied with yourself and exuberate a lot of confidence. People will surely look upto you. The best part is you will be often criticized but it won't bother you as you are well aware that being noticed isn't that easy and you have managed it quite beautifully.
There is a lot of fakeness in the world which is simply boring or rather pathetically boring. Lets counter it by being real and spreading some "uniqueness".

-Sonmya

(Faculty Of Arts-BHU)

Total Pageviews

    Submit Articles