Sunday 1 February 2015

CONSCIENCE HALL

 

From childhood, moral values are being inculcated by our parents and teachers. But as we grow up and become literate, we also learn to compromise with our values for our benefit. I too was taught to keep my values in the first place, but with promotion to every class, they became my second priority. Few days ago the value I left behind got charged up.
I was going to my relative’s house in Saharanpur. It was around 2p.m. and I was sitting on my berth and looking outside the window admiring beauty of nature. I was thinking how beautifully God has created all things we see around us.......... everything is perfect and is in its place. We arrived at a station and I saw a poor woman with her two children. Both the brother and sister were around the age of 7 to 8. Their eyes were filled with expectation and eagerness. The three of them were clothed shabbily and were waiting for the train to stop. As soon as the train stopped on the station, they entered into it. I realized the other side of God’s creation and thanked him for the family I have and the comfort I enjoy. Opposite my family, there was another family travelling. The mother had prepared some kind of snacks for the journey but the children were unwilling to take it and well busy in playing. After some time, when two poor children came at our place, this lady offered them snacks but though the boy seemed very hungry, he refused. I was bemused. He was holding an instrument and small ring and showed many stunts. When they ended, the boy himself went to the lady and accepted the snacks she had offered. I was really touched by this action of a small boy. He was not literate, but still he knew the difference between earning money and begging it. His conscience did not allow him to take the snacks that were offered for free. He had wisdom that though they are poor, he will keep his values first. Her family accepted the life given to them by God. All of us whether we are educated or not are gifted with conscience. It’s not only about earning and begging, but there are other many situations where we know what is right & wrong when we find it beneficial. Often we act according to our desires and later get entangled in the consequences we find ourselves guilty and confined. In certain situations, the person is not able to forget past and addition to being educated, Why don’t we being through the serenity we have?

The sun shines and gives its light to everyone, but it depends on person to person to choose darkness or the light. In the same way, God has given us wisdom and understanding to walk on the right path but it depends on us what we choose and decides our destiny. Of course talking about such things when there is so much corruption and competition seems useless. But this is for sure, that peace and happiness come only when we listen to our inner voice and take right & true ways in our life.


 -ANSHUL


Total Pageviews

    Submit Articles