Wednesday 28 January 2015

THERE IS A FIRE IN ME




I am afraid, I am troubled, I am scared to go on,
I have explored the possibility,  
But is there a soul to ride along me saying come on,
I tremble in the middle of street in agony of affliction,
Tell me O Lord am I really your creation????



                                               I lost possessions, I sunk every day,  
                                               What I called mine was different the other day,
     I am at the brisk of breakage, the shore of giving up,
                                                      O pity, I did not even know how to mourn for that.


Daylight is bearable but the darkness is harder to tolerate,
Sitting at the desolate terrace I looked at the moon,
Waiting anxiously for the sleep to turn up,
Suddenly I realized a big shadow by my side,
I wanted to run away but I thought let’s face it otherwise.




A man with pious appearance and milky hair was standing,
                                       Looking at me with a serene smile as if he is pretending,
                I was scared and was searching for a realm,
                                          And then I realized o gosh I am whirling in my own dream,

He ran his finger across my head; he looked at me with intentions deep,
I cried and cried in front of him expanding all my grief, 
I remember nothing after this scene, 
After all it was just a dream.


When I woke up I realized there is a desire in me,
O thou Lord somewhere there is a fire in me,
To burn the odium, to extinguish the fear,
To fight the world,  to distinguish self from other.
                                    Now I have dream, I have satisfaction,
Possibility beyond possibility is my latest affection,
                                     I fight, I struggle, I resist, and I tremble
                                   But I never give up the human in me,
                           O thou Lord there is a fire in me.

 

 - ROHIT KUMAR SINGH                                                                                   































Total Pageviews

    Submit Articles